Date(s) - Saturday, Aug 15
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
39 W 47th St, Chicago
Supporting Organizations: Tikkun Chai Inter-National, Chicago Activist Coalition For Justice; Mi Hogar, Southwest Chicago; Pilsen-Humboldt Park Anti-Gentrification Group; Indivisible DuPage
Dan Ryan Shutdown RESTRICTIONS from CITY OFFICIALS are as follows:
1. MARCH ROUTE & EXIT HAS BEEN MODIFIED DUE TO A COMPROMISE TO ALLOW EXPRESSWAY ENTRY AS THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE EVENT. TBA
2. No cars on expressway trailing with protesters to unload any water or snacks.
3. PROHIBITED PVC pipes must not be brought on expressway with exception of Chicago Activist Coalition For Justice banner PVC.
4. NO WAGONS OR COOLERS
NOTE: Drastic change of WAGONS/COOLERS & PVC being PROHIBITED is based on protesters used PVC as a weapon at the CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS STATUE.
5. No protester must NOT jump over onto CTA RED LINE TRAIN TRACKS.
6. No protester can proceed further on tbe expressway after the march exits DAN RYAN EXPRESSWAY.
Note: The Rabbi promised to insure ALL protesters leave the expressway and will monitor that detail.
7. LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PROCEED ON EXPRESSWAY ONCE THE LAST PROTESTOR IS KNOWN. POLICE PROMISED TO CLOSE ENTRANCE AFTER ENTIRE MARCH IS FULLY ON THE EXPRESSWAY
8. MARCH ROUTE & EXIT HAS BEEN MODIFIED DUE TO A COMPROMISE TO ALLOW EXPRESSWAY ENTRY. TBA
9. BIKES ARE PROHIBITED ON EXPRESSWAY.
Note: We are asking BIKERS to walk on upper level on the street to monitor protesters and meet us at the exit.