Date(s) - Wednesday, Aug 26
6:00 pm - 7:15 pm
A free virtual concert on the centennial of the 19th Amendment, marking milestones in women’s voting rights and taking action needed today.
About this Event
Speakers and musicians share a virtual stage for inspiration, entertainment and voting action.
The lineup so far …
- Gloria Steinem (Groundbreaking feminist & writer)
- Letitia James (New York’s first and current African American Attorney General)
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom (First Partner of California)
- Dolores Huerta (Legendary labor leader)
- Ruth Simmons (Ivy League’s first African American president, current president of an HBCU)
- Megan Smith (CEO of shift7 and 3rd Chief Technology Officer of the US)
- Tina Tchen (CEO of Time’s Up)
- Carol Jenkins (CEO of ERA Coalition)
- Rev. Jacqui Lewis (Anti-racism leader)
- Staceyann Chin & Zuri (Spoken-word poet & daughter)
- Mona Lake Jones (Poet Laureate of Seattle)
- Lily Tomlin (Actor, writer, comedian)
- Sweet Honey in the Rock
- Indigo Girls
- Pura Fé
- Skip the Needle
- Martha Redbone
- Kate Pierson (B-52s)
- Dance Brigade
Keep up with the latest information at womentakethestage.org.
Although Women Take the Stage is a free event, we want to know how many of us are gathering on Aug. 26 to increase voting by and for women. Let’s get the numbers to make a LOUD NOISE!